Do I Qualify for Membership?
You do if you meet these IASIU Membership Classifications.
Regular Membership shall include:
- Insurance company employees whose primary purpose is the full-time investigation and/or supervision of investigation of insurance fraud.
- An employee of a self-insured corporation who is employed and assigned to a Special Investigation Unit and whose primary purpose is the full-time investigation and/or supervision of investigations of insurance fraud. The individual and organization must be engaged in anti-fraud activities and must be conformance with the goals and objectives of the Association. provided, however, any such individual whose professional activities or personal background are considered adverse to the objectives and interests of the Association shall not be deemed eligible for membership.
- A special agent or supervisory special agent of the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) or the Insurance Crime Prevention Bureau (ICPB).
Associate Membership shall include:
- A local, state, or federal law enforcement officer, or prosecutor who is involved in, or provides special expertise or services for the investigation and/or prosecution of insurance fraud crime.
- A full-time investigator or investigations supervisor of a state insurance fraud bureau.
- Any individual or representative of an insurance company or government agency who is involved in, or provides special expertise or services for the investigation of insurance fraud, who is endorsed in writing by a “Regular” member.
“Associate” membership shall be granted at the discretion of the Board of Directors. “Associate” members shall have the privileges of “Regular” members except they may not hold office and may be excluded from any business meeting by a majority vote of “Regular” members present.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Networking opportunities
- 250+ members, it’s like an extension of your support staff. Resources are abundant!
- Latest and greatest in investigative techniques presented by top professionals
- Fun…. social, as well as, professional growth opportunities! (golf outing, etc.)
- Timely communications and reminders through Email Newsletter & announcements.
- This website
- Low membership fees, required annually
- The strength and stability of a national organization that has been around for 14 years and isn’t going anywhere but FORWARD!
How can I join?
That’s an easy one… just click on join now and you’ll be asked to fill our a short application/questionnaire form. You can pay your membership fee for the chapter by mailing your check payable to Illinois Chapter of IASIU at the following address:
PO Box 47207
Chicago, IL 60647
You can find out details on joining our organization at the International level by visiting their site at: www.iasiu.com
I still have more questions… That’s understandable.
If you have further questions and/or would like a personal call from a member of our board please send us a quick email to Jessica Dimas, our Chapter Secretary.