Do I Qualify for Membership?
You do if you meet these IASIU Membership Classifications.
Regular Membership shall include:
- Insurance company employees whose primary purpose is the full-time investigation and/or supervision of investigation of insurance fraud.
- An employee of a self-insured corporation who is employed and assigned to a Special Investigation Unit and whose primary purpose is the full-time investigation and/or supervision of investigations of insurance fraud. The individual and organization must be engaged in anti-fraud activities and must be conformance with the goals and objectives of the Association. provided, however, any such individual whose professional activities or personal background are considered adverse to the objectives and interests of the Association shall not be deemed eligible for membership.
- A special agent or supervisory special agent of the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) or the Insurance Crime Prevention Bureau (ICPB).
Associate Membership shall include:
- A local, state, or federal law enforcement officer, or prosecutor who is involved in, or provides special expertise or services for the investigation and/or prosecution of insurance fraud crime.
- A full-time investigator or investigations supervisor of a state insurance fraud bureau.
- Any individual or representative of an insurance company or government agency who is involved in, or provides special expertise or services for the investigation of insurance fraud, who is endorsed in writing by a “Regular” member.
“Associate” membership shall be granted at the discretion of the Board of Directors. “Associate” members shall have the privileges of “Regular” members except they may not hold office and may be excluded from any business meeting by a majority vote of “Regular” members present.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Networking opportunities
- 250+ members, it’s like an extension of your support staff. Resources are abundant!
- Latest and greatest in investigative techniques presented by top professionals
- Fun…. social, as well as, professional growth opportunities! (golf outing, etc.)
- Timely communications and reminders through Email Newsletter & announcements.
- This website
- Low membership fees, required annually
- The strength and stability of a national organization that has been around for 14 years and isn’t going anywhere but FORWARD!
How can I join?
That’s an easy one- You are required to be an International member prior to being a member of any local Chapter. We have streamlined the membership process to make it easier for everyone (new members and renewals). Just connect with our international organization at:
From the International application you must select Illinois Chapter under “Chapter Memberships” This ensures your membership to the local Chapter.
Membership Cycle: Our membership cycle runs January 1st to December 31st. Please note that memberships are not pro-rated.
Still have questions?
If you have any questions, you may call one of the Board Members for more information or you can fill out the form on the Contact Us Page.